Standard Salt Spray Chambers
Standard models meet the requirements of basic, continuous salt spray tests conducted at a single temperature only, such as ASTM B117 and similar international test standards, and may be used with pH neutral salt solutions (NSS) or those acidified by the addition of Acetic Acid (ASS) or Cupric Acid (CASS).
Premium Salt Spray Chambers
Premium models can perform the same basic salt spray tests, but in addition, are equipped with extra features that enable them to undertake ‘modified’ tests such as those defined in ASTM G85. Here conventional salt spray is often combined with one other climate, in a two-part cycle, to accelerate the test. For example salt spray and condensation humidity (SWAAT) or salt spray and drying (PROHESION) or salt spray and SO2 testing.
Six model sizes:
- 120 Ltr (4.2 cu ft)
- 450 Ltr (15.8 cu ft)
- 1000 Ltr (35.3 cu ft)
- 1300 Ltr (45.9 cu ft)
- 2000 Ltr (70.6 cu ft)
- 2600 Ltr (91.8 cu ft)
- Low loading threshold for ergonomic loading and unloading
- ‘Easy Open’ pneumatically operated canopy, with safety interlock
- Dry seal gasket to prevent wetting the operator’s clothes
- Timed canopy lock and purge of the cabinet interior with fresh air after testing and before the chamber is opened
- Easily accessible salt spray atomizer(s) in transparent hard-wearing acrylic, for ease of maintenance
- External portable salt solution tank for ease of cleaning. 73L for 450L Chambers and 90L for 1000L Chambers and above
- Central viewing window for unimpeded visual access to chamber interior and test material
- Base castors and integrated fork lift truck runners, for ease of transportation
- A free choice of canopy colour
- Calibration certificate
- Consumables spares kit.